1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
2. There will be no cross talk please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group!
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered group.
Small Groups Can
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up on habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “FIVE RULES.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
Small Groups Will Not
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.